This year, our topic is Journey: civilisation, empire and invasion.
This term, we are studying:
- What influences settlement in the UK and countries of the World?
- Why people leave their homes.
- Trade: export and import.
- The Heart and Circulatory System.
History - Ancient Greece:
- Key people, Gods and Goddesses
- Greek life and achievements
- Impact on the Western World
Please refer to the Curriculum Map below for a summary of coverage.
Timetabling of our Learning
Core subjects are taught each week: English (Writing and English), Maths & RE.
PE and PSHE (Personal, Social, Health Education) is also taught weekly.
RSE (Relationships, Sex Education is taught a part of PSHE and parents are advised of the content to be taught in advance).
Our curriculum is delivered over a two-week timetable to enable deeper learning within each foundation subject.
Week A - Science, Computing and French (When Forest School is not timetabled)
Week B - History or Geography, Art or Design Technology and Music.
- Knowledge Organiser 2 - Simple and Compound Sentences.pdf
- Knowledge Organiser 2 - Subordinate and Relative Clauses.pdf